Click to see larger map
|East Lea viewed from Ferry Lane. It's adjacent to The Paddock
Click to see plaque on bridge over the East Lea on Ferry Lane/Forest Road.
|Lea Marshes||Lea index|
Click to return
This bridge was opened on March 30th 1915 by MR ANDREW JOHNSTON AND MRS JOHNSTON
It was built in the first year of the Great War and replaced the old ferry bridge built in 1760 by Sir William Maynard_baronet
French_contractor Click to return